Chorus Education Trust
Chorus Education Trust was founded by Silverdale School, a secondary comprehensive school in the southwest of Sheffield which, in 2021, was named the Sunday Times Top State Secondary School in the North of the Decade, in recognition of its continued success.
The Chorus Trust vision is ‘Outstanding Achievement for All’. We want to create a culture of success in which children and young people can succeed. We do this through the provision of safe and supportive schools, collaborating to ensure that young people benefit from a more effective spend of public money.
In addition to primary and secondary schools within the trust, Chorus includes the South Yorkshire Teaching Hub, which includes the Sheffield Teacher Training Alliance, which trains around 100 trainee teachers every year, working in partnership with dozens of schools across Sheffield and Derbyshire. It also provides professional learning to teachers, including leaders, and runs a national teacher training programme specialising in modern languages, the National Modern Languages SCITT.
Eckington School joined Chorus Education Trust on 1 April 2023.
How do staff and students benefit from being part of Chorus?
Being part of a trust provides lots of opportunities that aren’t available as a stand-alone school. These include:
- Priority access to the best new teachers, via the South Yorkshire Teaching Hub, Sheffield Teacher Training Alliance and National Modern Languages SCITT.
- Access to teachers who are subject specialists and can help support other teachers and share subject resources.
- The potential to run more trips and activities for students across the schools, including sporting activities, debating competitions and joint musical groups.
- Increased staff continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities, including working with colleagues across the trust.
- Access to grants and funding that are only available to multi-academy trusts.
- Priority access for students to both Eckington and Silverdale Sixth Forms.
- Access to specialist skills from within the Trust Central Team, such as finance, HR, marketing and IT.
- Improvements to the school site.
- The chance for schools to share their facilities, such as outdoor pursuits, performance, and sporting facilities etc.
- Financial savings and efficiencies, due to bulk purchasing and shared resources across the trust.
The Chorus Education Trust family
South Yorkshire Teaching Hub
Address and contact details
- Chorus Education Trust, Unit 4 Acres Hill Business Park, Acres Hill Lane, Sheffield S9 4LR
- Website: www.chorustrust.org
- Telephone: 0114 235 7983
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org