Our catering is provided by Aspens Services. They offer a great range of delicious food that is available to all students at Eckington School.
Menus are available to download at the bottom of this page where you will also find a price list.
Paying for school dinners
We use a cashless catering payment system to enable students to pay for food in school. Student school meal accounts can be topped up using Parent Pay
Free school meals
Applying for free school meals is straightforward, confidential and online and can save you approximately £540 a year. Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income support.
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The Guarantee element of Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of no more than £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on: paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit: if you apply on or after 1 April 2018, your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
Just log into the speedy free school meal checker system to see if your young person is eligible. Visit www.derbyshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals or scan the QR code to check and apply: